Good Stories, good whiskey, good time
Las Vegas Distillery offers these things. It is a US-based, family-owned company founded by George Racz, located in Henderson, Nevada. The Company manufactures and offers wine tastings of Vodka, Rum, Rumskey, Moonshine and Whiskey at their urban traditional artisan “grain to bottle” family distillery.
First legal distillery in Sin City’s History
Las Vegas Distillery is the first legal distillery in Sin City’s history after the prohibition which ended in 1933 and it is the only manufacturer of craft spirits in the Las Vegas Valley.
The Distillery’s first legal commercial distillation occurred after 100 years since the founding of the City of Las Vegas which took place on the first of April 2011 and it produced the “Nevada Vodka”, a Russian type of vodka which was distilled from white soft winter wheat grown by Winnemucca Farms, and it is the Nevada State’s first legally made and sold spirit.
On May 29, 2014, Las Vegas Distillery was given a certificate of recognition by the Governor of the great State of Nevada in honor of bottling the state’s first bourbon whiskey, the Nevada 150 Bourbon Whiskey.
EXCEllent reviews with high approval rate on tripadvisor
The Company has a high approval of 93% rate on TripAdvisor page, showing that it is “EXCELLENT” without a negative review and it’s no surprise that the comments from critics on yelp.com also gave it a 5-star approval rating.
People had great things to say about the company and whiskey:
- Wonderful family-owned business with artisan spirits.
- There are several options for tours with tastings you may enjoy… only $10-$20, depending on how may spirits you’d like to sample. From single grain to 7 grain, vodka, gin, moonshine and liquors, there’s something for every booze hound.
- Off strip and located and within the Henderson booze district, give yourself time to both enjoy the Distillery fully and then pop over to the Vegas Valley Winery for a tasting and tour, then one or all three of the breweries! That’s right! Whiskey, wine, and beer! You can enjoy it all when you go all-in with the Distillery and its boozy neighbors.
- We had a great time! Our tour guide was really knowledgeable and the amount of liquors available to taste was impressive. We did the combo ticket with the Mob Museum, which was worth the cost! P.S., the dog (Honey) was adorable!
- This place is great. I love checking our local distilleries, breweries, and wineries when I travel. We decided to stop by and do a tasting and we really lucked out. They were not busy and we got a personalized tour and a chance to taste some great spirits. I really enjoyed their gin and whiskeys.
The Las Vegas Distillery has a Tasting Room, Bar & Distillery with private tours, tasting, bottling or barreling.
So, the next time you plan to visit Henderson in Vegas with your family and friends, make sure to include in your itinerary a trip to the Las Vegas Distillery and enjoy an “AWESOME” Distillery Tour and Tasting Experience.
Las Vegas Distillery founder George Racz tells his story why he opened his distillery: